The altar is where
Christians kneel in reverance to take communion, to pray, and to
profess their belief
in Jesus Christ their Redeemer and risen Savior.
The most common prayers are modeled after the
Prayer of Salvation and
the Lord's Prayer, and many
the prayers found in the book of Psalms.
Prayer of Salvation
1. Every person has sinned and needs salvation.
Romans 3:23: 'since all have sinned and fall
short of the glory of God,'
2. The consequence of sin is eternal separation
from God.Romans 6:23: 'For the wages of sin is
death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in
Christ Jesus our Lord.'
3. I have sinned.
4. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only
conceived Son of God. He was born as a human to be
the Lamb of God to be sacrificed on the cross for
my sins. John 3:16: 'For God so loved the world
that he gave his only begotton Son, that whosoever
believeth in Him, should not perish, but have
5. There is no forgiveness of sins without the
shedding of sinless, perfect blood. Hebrews
9:22: 'Indeed, under the law almost everything is
purified with blood, and without the shedding of
blood there is no forgiveness of sins.'
6. I am sorry I have sinned. I repent and ask
forgiveness because of Jesus Christ's blood
sacrifice for me. Luke 13:3: '...but unless you
repent you will all likewise perish.'
7. I believe that all of my sins are forgiven
because of the sacrificial shedding of Jesus
Christ's blood. Romans 10:9,10: 'because, if
you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and
believe in your heart that God raised him from the
dead, you will be saved. For man believes with his
heart and so is justified, and he confesses with
his lips and so is saved.'
8. Because of my belief in the forgiveness by the
blood of Jesus Christ I am now a new creature,
born again into a new, eternal life as a Child of
God who now has adopted me as His son/daughter.
I John 4:15, Galations 4:7:'Whoever confess
that Jesus is the Son of God,, God abides in him,
and he in God.' ' So through God you are no longer
a slave but a son, and if a son then an
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it
is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the
glory, for ever.
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy
lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of
thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and
cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my
sin is ever before me.
4. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and
done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be
justified when thou speakest, and be clear when
5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in
sin did my mother conceive me.
6. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward
parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me
to know wisdom.
7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the
bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out
all mine iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and
renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence; and
take not thy holy spirit from me.
12. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.